Here we are at the beginning of a new year, 2021 has arrived!
Each year on New Year’s Eve I try to take extra time to journal, pray, read Scripture and listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying about the year ahead. In the dialogue I was having with the Lord about this in my journal, He said:
LOVE WILL FIND A WAY.
You know it’s the Lord’s voice when it aligns with His character, with His Word, with His ways. That was Him speaking alright!
I had just been reading 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 in The Passion Translation. I absolutely love this translation! I’ll quote it here for you:
Love is large and incredibly patient. Love is gentle and consistently kind to all. It refuses to be jealous when blessings come to someone else. Love does not brag about one’s achievements nor inflate its own importance. Love does not traffic in shame and disrespect, nor selfishly seek its’ own honor. Love is not easily irritated or quick to take offense. Love joyfully celebrates honesty and finds no delight in what is wrong. Love is a safe place of shelter, for it never stops believing the best for others. Love never takes failure as defeat, for it never gives up. Love never stops loving… 1 Corinthians 13:4-8(a)
As I’m letting this sink in, I’ll share my thoughts with you in case they might be meaningful to you.
- As I think about the pandemic, I see that love is finding a way to create vaccines faster than ever before in history.
- As I think of relational tensions I’ve been navigating, I see love finding a way to overcome them!
- As I think about the concerns I carry for loved ones, I cast my cares on Him, knowing that love will find a way to give them what they need to grow and flourish.
- As I think about what success really is, I remember that love is the highest level of success there is. If you have learned to love well throughout your lifetime, you are truly successful!
- The way to fulfill your calling is to love deeply, completely, more consistently – to never stop loving. Do this and you will fulfill the calling God has given you. Love will find a way to get you to your promised land.
- We love because God first loved us, so we go to Him for more when we need more (like every day!) Then we have more to give.
- For all the challenges we have faced and will face in the year ahead, I can rest and trust that love will find a way through them – and a way to become even more loving because of them.
- Love will win – even when things don’t turn out as you hoped they would, if you have learned to love, that is the BIG win!
- Even if you fail, you cannot be defeated – if you don’t give up, if you never stop loving, you have succeeded.
As you think about the cares and concerns you have, the circumstances that are difficult, practice expressing each one of them out loud, followed by saying “LOVE WILL FIND A WAY!”
That’s what I will be doing as I begin this new year, I hope you’ll join me!
This last thought is for all you ladies out there who want to grow in the love of God and love for others. On January 14, 2021 at 7:00 pm Central the Divine Invitation Discipleship Mastermind will begin! I’m extending the offer for 75% off through January 7, 2021. There are still a few spots open so I invite you to check it out, pray about it and see if this is part of “love finding a way” for you this year!
Blessings to you as you step into 2021. I hope you’ll make LOVE WILL FIND A WAY your daily declaration of faith!