Do you feel confident about hearing God’s voice? Would you like to grow in that area?
This week I’d like to share a podcast with you from the Love + War Worship podcast. My husband Michael and I did this a few years ago with Jon Shirley, a young pastor we know here in town. He and his fellow worship leaders were with us asking us questions about hearing God’s voice.
This is something I love to help people with. I truly believe that God is speaking to us in a multitude of ways daily, we just need to have our eyes and ears open to them. When we hear from him it brings us SO MUCH LIFE!
Last week I wrote about something God spoke to me using a tree as the inspiration. God uses all kinds of things to speak to us, doesn’t he?
Here are some of the things we’re discussing in this message:
- Hearing from God comes out of a running conversation with him, a dialogue, not a monologue.
- Perfectionism is the enemy of relationship with God, get rid of the expectation that you will be perfect in your communication with him. He doesn’t expect it and you will be heard however you communicate with him. Remember Peter.
- Be attentive to the Scriptures and then listen, wait for him to show you in thoughts, words, pictures, symbols, parables, what he wants you to know.
- Don’t put Bible characters on a pedestal. They were imperfect like you, they heard God’s voice in a variety of ways just like you will. Believe that you have the mind of Christ! (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- Don’t let past bad experiences you may have had with people saying they heard something from God for you shut you down. The answer to abuse is not disuse but proper use.
So here’s the podcast, It’ called Demystifying God’s Voice – episode 17. Just click the link under the photo to listen.
I hope it’s a blessing to you!
Here’s the link to my website so you can check out my blog and subscribe, explore my coaching offerings and more:
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Grateful for you,